- class rubin_sim.scheduler.surveys.DeepDrillingSurvey(basis_functions, RA, dec, sequence='rgizy', nvis=[20, 10, 20, 26, 20], exptime=30.0, u_exptime=30.0, nexp=2, ignore_obs=None, survey_name='DD', reward_value=None, readtime=2.0, filter_change_time=120.0, nside=None, flush_pad=30.0, seed=42, detailers=None)¶
A survey class for running deep drilling fields.
- basis_functionslist of rubin_sim.scheduler.basis_function objects
These should be feasibility basis functions.
The RA of the field (degrees)
The dec of the field to observe (degrees)
- sequencelist of observation objects or str (rgizy)
The sequence of observations to take. Can be a string of list of obs objects.
- nvislist of ints
The number of visits in each filter. Should be same length as sequence.
- survey_namestr (DD)
The name to give this survey so it can be tracked
- reward_valuefloat (101.)
The reward value to report if it is able to start (unitless).
- readtimefloat (2.)
Readout time for computing approximate time of observing the sequence. (seconds)
- flush_padfloat (30.)
How long to hold observations in the queue after they were expected to be completed (minutes).
This method enables external calls to check if a given observations that belongs to this survey is feasible or not.
- conditionsrubin_sim.scheduler.features.Conditions object
- rewardfloat (or array)
- check_continue(observation, conditions)¶
This method enables external calls to check if a given observations that belongs to this survey is feasible or not. This is called once a sequence has started to make sure it can continue.
XXX–TODO: Need to decide if we want to develope check_continue, or instead hold the sequence in the survey, and be able to check it that way.
- one of:
A list of observations